The CPD or the Continuing Professional Development is an element of the Competency Demonstration Report (CDR). It helps you in expanding your technical knowledge by maintaining updated technical skills for your career progress.
You can also grow your professional networks by participating in the CPD activities. The Engineers Australia (EA) has made an online destination for the CPD Australia development known as “myCPD,” This website is an excellent tool for your carer growth, providing all the necessary information on multiple technical courses to award the CPD.
What are the different CPD Australia sources?
Various sources of cpd for engineers Australia are as follows:
Visible: These are the sources of seminars, conferences, training courses, site visits and presentations. Reading the industry journal and studying at various online universities are also included under these sources.
- Not so obvious: These sources involve participating in the volunteer committees, industry and the mentoring activities. Presenting papers at seminars and conferences and writing articles for the journals also come from these sources.
- Often forgotten: It is your very own workplace. Various technical as well as nom-technical activities performed by you in your present company. Some of these are slide presentations, delivering lectures, attending meetings, volunteering, etc.
You can avail a top online cpd for engineers Australia service from a well-known provider to get guidance on various CPD sources.
What are the various Engineer Australia (EA) CPD activities?
- Events calendar: It highlights the latest engineering conferences, seminars, technical presentations, etc.
- Audio and video are steaming: These are informative presentations on a wide variety of engineering topics.
- Online library: These are one f the best technical resources in the world. It includes the magazines, professional journals and the policy publications.
- Engineers’ media: These are the periodicals, journals, magazines, books and eNews
- Engineering Education Australia website: These are the short courses, tertiary courses and the seminars.
- Volunteering opportunities: These are excellent sources of knowledge
You can always write an ideal cpd for engineers Australia from the classes mentioned above.
Why writing a CPD is needed?
A CPD is needed by the EA for the following reasons:
- To maintain a technical competence
- For retaining and enhancing effectiveness in a workplace
- To be a good leader and team player
- To deal successfully with the career changes
- For a better serving of the community
What are the requirements of CPD?
- The applicant needs a to have a degree in any of these disciplines- Chartered Professional Engineers, Chartered Engineering Associates or Chartered Engineering Technologists
- The CPD records need to dedicate a minimum 150 hours of a structured CPD over a three years period
- Minimum 50 hours is to be related to your area of practices
- Minimum 10 hours are to be allotted for risk management
- At least 15 hours is needed to address management and business skills
It is advisable for the CDR applicants to avail the cpd for engineers Australia from a reputed service provider. The CDRAustralia.Net is the most trustworthy name for them in this regard. They specialise in providing an ideal CPD as per the Engineers Australia (EA) guidelines.